- Butter an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan or two 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pans.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over half of the apple juice (½ cup/125 ml) and stir with a fork. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining apple juice (½ cup/125 ml), the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon to a boil. Simmer while stirring for about 2 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the gelatin and continue cooking over low heat, stirring with a whisk until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Skim at this stage if desired. Pour into the prepared pan. Let rest at room temperature for about 8 hours until set.
- With a thin blade, separate the jujube mixture from the edge of the pan. Cut into ¾-inch (1.5 cm) cubes.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl. Thoroughly coat a few jujubes at a time before shaking them in a sieve to remove any excess icing sugar.
- The candy will keep for about 2 weeks in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
For a tangier taste, you can omit the cinnamon and coat the jujubes in a mixture of 2 tbsp of icing sugar and ½ tsp of citric acid.