- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Let marinate for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a baking dish, combine the tomatoes and oil. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to caramelize and wilt.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until completely chilled.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the garlic in the oil. Remove the garlic. Add the bread and toast on both sides. Add oil, if needed.
- Place the burrata over the tomatoes and cut in half. Season with pepper and top with the basil. Serve with the toasted bread.
Burrata is a fresh, semi-soft cheese made from water buffalo or cow’s milk and can be found in specialty cheese shops. It resembles fresh mozzarella cheese, but its centre is filled with mozzarella curds and cream. If unavailable, substitute with fresh mozzarella in this recipe.