Breakfast Rice Pudding Bowls with Raspberries and Pears
- 25 MIN
- 50 MIN
- 8 H
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the milk, rice, vanilla seeds and pod to a boil. Let simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the rice pudding. Let cool and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking. Let cool. Set aside.
Raspberry Pear Purée
- In a blender, purée the pears and raspberries until smooth. Strain.
- Stir the rice pudding to soften. Remove and discard the vanilla pod. Pour the fruit purée into bowls, as desired, and spoon the rice pudding overtop. Garnish with the granola and top with the raspberries, if desired.