- In a food processor, purée the beets and 1 cup (160 g) of the chickpeas with the tahini and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Set aside.
Grilled Asparagus and Curried Chickpeas
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- Layer two large sheets of aluminum foil. In the centre, place the remaining chickpeas (1 cup/160 g), the onion, olive oil and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat well. Close and tightly seal the papillote.
- Place the papillote on the grill, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes or until the papillote has puffed up.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil the asparagus. Grill for about 5 minutes or until cooked but still firm. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the hummus onto plates. Garnish with the chickpeas and beets. Top with the asparagus and cheddar shavings and drizzle with the dressing.