- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, set aside one-quarter of the mixture for the cooked mussels.
Capellini and Mussels
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Add the pasta to the first bowl of persillade. Toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, place the mussels directly on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 3 minutes or until all the mussels are open. Discard any unopened mussels. Add the cooked mussels to the reserved persillade and toss to coat. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the capellini topped with the mussels.
Persillade is a mixture of chopped fresh parsley and garlic. Here we’ve livened it up with lemon, anchovies, capers and hot pepper.