Hot Dogs with Pineapple and Red Pepper Salsa
- ¼ pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into small dice
- 1 stalk celery, cut into small dice
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- Few drops hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 hot dog buns, lightly buttered
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. When ready to serve, lightly drain the salsa.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the hot dogs in the butter for about 8 minutes, turning them frequently, or until cooked through. Place them on a plate. In the same skillet, quickly toast the buns on both sides.
- Fill each bun with a hot dog and top with the salsa.
If you’re making these for someone who is younger than four years old, cut the hot dogs in half lengthwise to make them easier to eat! Switch out regular hot dogs for tofu hot dogs or Italian sausages. This recipe is from "Ricardo For Kids".