- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Oil lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan of salted cold water, add the shrimp. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1 minute. Drain. Peel and halve the shrimp lengthwise.
- Place the flesh of an avocado half on each slice of bread and crush with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle each toast with a bit of lime juice.
- Top each toast with the sweet potatoes and shrimp. Garnish with the herbs and jalapeno. Serve with lime wedges.
Save time and use precooked shrimp, if desired.