- Butter a 10 x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm) loaf pan (see note).
- In a bowl, combine the milk and honey. Stir in the oats and yeast.
- In a stand mixer using the dough hook, combine the flour and salt. Make a well and add the milk mixture. Knead for 2 minutes. Drizzle in the melted butter and knead for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 14 x 10-inch (35 x 25 cm) rectangle. Sprinkle the cinnamon and raisins over the surface of the dough. Roll into a 10-inch (25 cm) long log. Place in the prepared pan, seam face down. Lightly brush the loaf with water and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of oats, if desired. Place in the slow cooker and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours. The bread may slightly flow over the edge of the pan and have an uneven surface.
- Remove the pan from the slow cooker and let cool on a wire rack. Unmould and let cool completely.
- Delicious as is the same day or lightly toasted the next day.
Make sure that the loaf pan completely fits into your slow cooker.