Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 30 MIN
- 3 H 15 MIN
- In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the water and dates to a boil. Add 1/4 tsp (1 ml) of the baking soda and mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and the remaining 3/4 tsp (4 ml) of baking soda.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. On low speed, add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk. Stir in the date mixture.
- Spread the batter in the slow cooker. Pour half the caramel sauce over the batter. Place a clean cloth over the slow cooker, making sure it does not touch the batter, and cover with the lid. Cook on low for 3 hours. With a skewer, pierce holes all over the surface of the cake and drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce. Continue cooking for 15 minutes, uncovered. Serve hot or warm.