Brownie in a Cup
- 1/4 cup (35 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (30 g) chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1 egg yolk
- In a 1 1/2-cup (375 ml) microwave-safe mug, combine the flour, chocolate, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Add the butter, milk and egg yolk. Stir until completely moistened.
- Cook in the microwave for 40 seconds or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with a few crumbs and is not completely dry. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- If desired, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe only makes one cup, so if you’re having friends over and want more, do some simple math to double (or quadruple!) the recipe. Just remember for the eggs: For two brownie cups, use one whole egg, lightly beaten and divided evenly into each cup. And always microwave each cup one at a time so that they cook evenly!