- In a small bowl, combine the gin, mustard and honey. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the salt, sugar, dill and juniper berries.
- Place the salmon fillet flat in a large glass dish, skin side down. Spread the mustard mixture over the fillet and sprinkle with the salt mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 36 hours.
Gin and Honey Glaze
- In a bowl, combine the gin and honey.
- Thoroughly rinse the salmon fillet under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Return to the cleaned glass dish and brush with the gin and honey glaze. Sprinkle with the dill.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, honey and mustard.
- When ready to serve, thinly slice the salmon with a sharp knife (see note), starting with the thicker end of the fillet. Discard the skin. Place on a serving dish or serve on crackers topped with the sour cream.
For perfect gravlax slices, run the knife blade in warm water before cutting each slice.