- In a blender, process all the ingredients, except the pork. Set aside the marinade.
- On a work surface, cut the tenderloin crosswise into 2 pieces, then lengthwise into strips 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- In a glass dish or a sealable plastic bag, combine the marinade and pork. Cover the dish or seal the bag and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk, soy nut spread and brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool. Add the lime juice, sambal oelek, soy sauce and soy nuts. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Drain the meat and discard the marinade. Thread the pork strips onto skewers. Grill the skewers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the satay sauce and lime wedges. Sprinkle with chopped green onions, if desired. Delicious with basmati rice.
Both our sauce and our marinade combine perfectly with other proteins. Don’t hesitate to tinker with this recipe to suit your own personal tastes: Beef, chicken and firm tofu will all work well.