Peanut-Free Pork Satay Skewers
- 25 MIN
- 10 MIN
- 1 H
- In a blender, process all the ingredients, except the pork. Set aside the marinade.
- On a work surface, cut the tenderloin crosswise into 2 pieces, then lengthwise into strips 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- In a glass dish or a sealable plastic bag, combine the marinade and pork. Cover the dish or seal the bag and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk, soy nut spread and brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool. Add the lime juice, sambal oelek, soy sauce and soy nuts. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Drain the meat and discard the marinade. Thread the pork strips onto skewers. Grill the skewers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the satay sauce and lime wedges. Sprinkle with chopped green onions, if desired. Delicious with basmati rice.