- 30 MIN
- 3 H 20 MIN
- Remove the twine from the ham. With a knife, trim the rind and fat down to a layer 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. Place the ham in a large ovenproof pot or Dutch oven.
- Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and let simmer over medium heat for 1 hour. Remove the ham. Discard the cooking water.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the same pot over medium-high heat, soften the onions, garlic and ginger in the oil. Add the honey and spices. Cook for 1 minute. Return the ham to the pot, fat side down. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Turn the ham and continue cooking uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from the oven.
- Remove the ham from the pot and keep warm. Over high heat, reduce the sauce for 20 minutes or until syrupy.
- Carve the ham and serve with the sauce, mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
- Preparation time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min