Lobster and Avocado Bites
- 3 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1 avocado
- Grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lime juice
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) lobster meat, chopped
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Brush a first sheet of phyllo dough with butter, then cover with a second sheet. Brush again with butter, then add the third sheet. Cut the dough into twenty 7.5-cm (3-inch) squares.
- Line buttered miniature muffin cups with the dough squares.
- Bake for about 7 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with the lime zest and juice. Add the cucumber and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, spoon a little filling into the phyllo cups. Top each bite with lobster meat and garnish with chives.