Cream Cheese Frosting
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. At low speed, stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the apple juice until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in the apples, raisins and pecans. Spoon into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Run the blade of a knife between the cake and the pan and unmould.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake and place on a serving platter.