Hearty Noodle Soup with Squash and Tofu
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thick
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Sriracha
- 1 tsp (5 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) frozen corn kernels
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 lb (225 g) spaghetti, cooked
- 1 lb (450 g) silken tofu, cubed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared sheet, toss the squash and onion with the oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring the broth, soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, corn and carrots to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the carrots are al dente.
- Divide the spaghetti and soup among four bowls. Add the tofu and vegetables and top with the green onions.