- Place the turkey pieces in a large glass or ceramic dish.
- In a bowl, combine the salt and spices. Sprinkle over the turkey. Drizzle with the gin. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight. Drain and discard the marinade.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the turkey on the prepared sheet and dab with the butter. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165°F (74°C). Let rest for 10 minutes.
Pearl Onion Sauce
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, soften the onions and garlic in the butter. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat. Add the broth and gin. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the turkey and serve with the pearl onion sauce.
Ask your butcher to section your turkey into 2 breast pieces with the bone and 2 large turkey legs.