- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For each skewer, place two slices of chicken on a plate. Brush with the marinade. Wrap the meat around the skewer and place on a plate. Brush with more marinade. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a saucepan, soften the onion with the bell pepper and curry powder in the oil. Add the water and honey.
- In a blender, purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the skewers on a serving platter and serve with a bowl of sauce.
Can be prepared the night before. Bake at the last moment.
Harissa is a very spicy chili paste used for seasoning in the Middle East and North Africa. It is made from small red peppers, cayenne pepper, vegetables, canola oil, caraway, garlic and herbs such as coriander and mint, and can contain more than twenty other spices. Harissa is primarily use in couscous but also in soups and with meats, fish and rice. It is easily found in tubes or canned in grocery stores. Store in the refrigerator once opened. Otherwise, use Sambal Oelek sauce or hot peppers.