- Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Using a potato masher, crush the tomatoes into a smooth purée. Season with salt and pepper.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- On the prepared sheet, toss the squash and bacon with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the squash is cooked through. Set the mixture aside in a bowl and remove the silicone mat or parchment paper from the baking sheet. Adjust the oven temperature to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the pitas directly on the baking sheet. Spread with the sauce and top with the squash and bacon. Sprinkle with the cheese and season with pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the pitas are nicely golden.