- In a bowl, whisk together the mirin, soy sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Coat the mahi mahi with the sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, soften the peas and green onions in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet still over medium-high heat, cook the fish for 3 minutes in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the fish and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until the desired doneness. Set aside on a plate. Wipe the skillet clean, then add the mirin mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Return the fish to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
- Serve the fish with the snap peas and, if desired, rice.