- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- On the prepared sheet, toss the carrot slices with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly in one layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the carrots are tender and lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, dry roast the cumin seeds until fragrant. Grind with a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, cumin and the remaining oil and ingredients. Adjust the seasoning.