- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the milk, oil and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 10 minutes or until the mixture triples in volume and forms a ribbon as it falls from the beaters.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk mixture to the egg mixture. Using a whisk, gently combine until just moistened (a few lumps will remain).
- Preheat a waffle iron. Pour about 3/4 cup (180 ml) of batter at a time into the device (or follow the manufacturer’s instructions) and close. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the waffles are golden brown. Keep warm.
- Peel and cut the bananas into slices 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the brown sugar, butter and water. Add the bananas and stir gently. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the rum and cinnamon. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve the waffles topped with the bananas Foster and whipped cream.