- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, soften the leek and green onions in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Add the herbs, spinach and lettuce and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring. Drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, turmeric, salt and pepper. Add the herb mixture, walnuts and cranberries,
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to broil.
- In an oven-safe non-stick skillet about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter, over medium heat, add the remaining oil. Pour the egg mixture overtop, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the sides begin to brown. Remove the lid and bake in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Unmould onto a serving plate. Delicious with our herbed rice with pan-fried trout recipe.
Barberries are small, sour dried berries that can be found in Middle Eastern groceries. They resemble dried unsweetened cranberries.