- 3/4 lb (340 g) orecchiette
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into small wedges
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into small florets (see note)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups (280 g) cherry tomatoes, various colours, halved
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Small basil leaves, for serving
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, soften the garlic in the oil. Add the zucchini, broccoli and, if desired, the red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are al dente, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cooked pasta.
- Remove from the heat. Add the tomatoes, lemon zest and juice, cheese and basil. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
The broccoli crown has already been separated from the stalk. Available in most grocery stores, the crown is perfect for recipes that call for a small amount of broccoli.