Black Bean Filling
- Place the black beans in a bowl. Generously cover with water and let soak overnight at room temperature. Add water as needed to ensure the beans remain covered. Rinse and drain.
- In the pressure cooker, combine the beans with the broth and salsa. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and select the Bean function.
- Let the pressure release and remove the lid. Select the Steam function. Add the corn and cilantro. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning. Drain if the mixture is too liquid.
- Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle 3 tbsp of cheese over one half of each tortilla. Top with ½ cup (125 ml) of the black bean filling and another 3 tbsp of cheese. Fold the tortillas in half over the filling, pressing down lightly.
- In two large non-stick skillets over medium-low heat, brown four quesadillas at a time in the oil, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Cut into triangles. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
The black bean filling is even better the next day, when it has soaked up all of the flavours. You can prepare the filling in advance (it will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days) and serve it in quesadillas any night of the week.