Honeydew and Aloe Vera Juice
- 1 aloe vera leaf, about 1/2 lb (225 g)
- 1 honeydew, peeled, seeded and cubed (see note)
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) agave syrup
- On a work surface, cut off and discard the ends of the aloe vera leaf. With a knife, remove the leaf’s green skin and any yellow sap that seeps out and discard. You will need 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the transparent gel from the inside of the leaf.
- In a blender, in two batches, purée all the ingredients until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve (or line a sieve with cheesecloth), pressing down with the back of a ladle to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the fruit pulp. Skim the white froth from the surface of the juice.
- Serve over ice.
The honeydew can be replaced with cantaloupe for an equally refreshing juice.