- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a spiralizer, cut the vegetables into thin spirals (or cut into a fine julienne with a knife). On the baking sheet, toss the vegetable spirals with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and drizzle with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the turkey, crushed saltines, egg, cilantro, ketchup and sambal oelek. With lightly oiled hands, form the mixture into balls using about 1 tbsp (15 ml) for each one, and gently flatten to facilitate cooking.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, working in batches, brown the meatballs in the oil for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Top each meatball with some of the vegetable spirals and secure with a toothpick. Keep in the warm skillet until ready to serve. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Pro tip: Serve the meatballs in the same skillet they were cooked in, guaranteeing they stay warmer longer.