- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon zest and juice, mustard, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces. Slowly drizzle in a third of the oil, whisking constantly. When the emulsion starts to resemble mayonnaise, drizzle in the remaining oil while whisking. Add the Parmesan, anchovy paste and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small pot, heat about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of oil. Line a plate with paper towel.
- Fry the capers in the hot oil until crispy. Drain on the paper towel.
- Fill a bowl two-thirds of the way up with ice. Place a second bowl over the ice. This will keep the meat very cold while you prepare the tartare.
- On a work surface, thinly slice the meat against the grain. Cut each slice into strips, then into small dice. Place in the chilled bowl as you work.
- Add the bacon, shallots, chives and dressing, to taste. Adjust the seasoning.
- Divide the tartare and lettuce between four plates. Garnish each plate with toasted croutons, Parmesan shavings and fried capers.
This recipe was created by Café RICARDO chef, Isabelle Deschamps-Plante.