Grilled Shrimp Tortillas with Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb (450 g) large shrimp (20-30), shelled and deveined
- 8 small corn tortillas, heated
- 4 ears corn, grilled and cut into pieces (optional)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 tsp (20 ml) lime juice
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Using a fine grater, grate the garlic (see note). Place in a large bowl. Add the oil and spices. Add the shrimp and toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Grill for 2 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through and nicely browned. Serve the shrimp in the warmed tortillas with the salsa. Serve with grilled corn, if desired.
For an even more flavourful salsa, coarsely chop the garlic with a knife. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Continue to chop and then crush the garlic with the side of your knife until it forms a paste.