- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour two 9-cup muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt and oil. Add the dry ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon. Add the remaining ingredients and stir just until the flour is moistened. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups using about ¼ cup (60 ml) of the mixture per muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before unmoulding. Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Serve for brunch or for lunch with a side salad.
These muffins are quite spicy. For a milder version, reduce the amount of pickled jalapeños.