Cranberry, Apricot and Pear Chutney
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup (80 g) fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup (55 g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the fruits are translucent and the cooking liquid is thick and syrupy. Transfer to an airtight container and let cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Delicious with roasted meats or cheese. The chutney will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.