- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix just until smooth. With the machine running on low speed, add the flour mixture alternating with the milk. Using a wooden spoon, stir in ¾ cup (150 g) of the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1/3-cup (75 ml) ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.