- 3 black plums, halved, pitted and cut into slices 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 175°F (80°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Spread out the plum slices on the baking sheet without letting them overlap.
- Bake for 2 hours. Turn the plum slices over. Bake for another hour or until the slices are dry yet still tender and not browned. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Place in an airtight container. The dried plums will keep for 1 month at room temperature. Try the dried plums in salads, granola, yogurt, or on a cheese platter.
If the dried plums start to soften after a while, return them to the oven to dry out.