- In a small pot, bring the honey and ginger to a boil. Simmer for 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and sambal oelek. Simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, lightly beat the egg. In a second shallow dish, combine the flour and paprika.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip into the beaten egg, letting some of the excess drip off. Coat in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chicken on both sides in the oil until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetable spirals with the edamame and vinegar.
- Serve the chicken and salad in shallow bowls. Drizzle with the Tao dressing and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
This Tao dressing is made quickly and without any caramelization. This is why we use honey instead of white sugar.
We wanted to keep the ingredient list simple, but feel free to add garlic if you have some on hand.