- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, half of the oil, the garlic and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the pitas with the remaining oil. Place on the baking sheets. Cover the pitas with the cream cheese and top with the zucchini mixture.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes or until the pitas are slightly crispy and the zucchini is tender and starting to brown around the edges. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the shallot slices in a bowl of cold water. Drain.
- Top the pitas with the smoked salmon, shallots, dill and capers. Serve with lemon wedges.