- Attach the sous-vide precision cooker to the side of a cooking container. Add enough water to come to the mid point between the minimum and maximum required. Set the temperature to 129°F (54°C) for medium-rare (see note). Set the cooking time to 1 hour. Preheat the water while you prepare the meat.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place the steaks side by side, along with the rosemary, in a sous vide bag or a freezer bag with a slider closing. Remove all the air from the bag (see note). Submerge the bag in the preheated water. Begin cooking (1 hour).
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate. Remove the bag from the water.
- Remove the meat and carrots from the bags. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Grill the lemon half.
- Serve the steaks and carrots on plates. Drizzle with the grilled lemon juice. Top with the cheese and rosemary.
Depending on the desired doneness, set the sous-vide precision cooker to the following temperatures:
For rare, set the temperature to 122°F (50°C)
For medium-rare: 129°F (54°C)
For medium: 135°F (57°C)
For well-done: 140°F (60°C)
To remove the air from a freezer bag with a slider closing, hold the bag open at the top while slowly lowering it into the water. The pressure of the water will squeeze the air out of the bag. Just before the top of the bag reaches the water, zip it closed.
If using a freezer bag or one made of silicone, do not submerge the seal of the bag. Clip the top of the bag to the side of the cooking container ensuring the seal will not go underwater to prevent liquid from leaking into the bag.
It is important to ensure the food is fully submerged under water throughout the cooking phase. If the food bag floats above water, use a large, heavy metal spoon, plate or any other heat resistant utensil to weigh the bag down to keep the food submerged.
To avoid risk of burn, carefully remove the bag from the water using tongs or oven mitts.
To help you with this recipe
The RICARDO sous-vide precision cooker provides quick and ultra-precise results while preserving flavours and textures. Just seal your food in an airtight plastic bag, dip it into a container filled with water (a saucepan, glass bowl or cooler) and attach the unit using its spring clip.
129.99 $SHOP NOW