- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the egg and beat for 1 minute or until the sugar begins to dissolve. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a ½-inch (1 cm) plain tip, pipe out 3 inch (7.5 cm) long cylinders on the prepared baking sheets, leaving at least a 1-inch (2.5 cm) space between each cookie.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 14 minutes or until the cookies are crisp. Let cool completely.
- Using a spoon, cover the cookies with the melted chocolate. Immediately sprinkle with the crushed candy cane. Let the chocolate set for 30 minutes at room temperature or 10 minutes in the freezer.