- In a small pot, bring the pomegranate juice and vinegar to a boil. Let reduce by half.
- In a small bowl, pour the hot liquid over the shallot. Add the pink peppercorns. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over high heat, fry the herbs in the oil for a few seconds. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Place the ice cubes on a serving dish or the pebbles in small shallow dishes.
- Shuck the oysters and detach the meat from the shell. Place over the ice cubes or pebbles. Decorate with the fried herbs. Serve the oysters with the pomegranate and pink pepper mignonette.
No more wet tablecloths or serving dishes filled with melting ice! Replace ice cubes with river pebbles or other decorative stones that have been chilled in the freezer.