- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter and flour a Bundt pan with a 10 to 12-cup (2.5 to 3 litre) capacity.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter with the sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth.
- With the machine running on low speed, add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk.
- In a food processor, chop the frozen cranberries. Using a spatula, fold the cranberries into the cake batter. Spread out evenly in the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes. Unmould the cake by turning it over onto a wire rack. Let cool completely, about 3 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk together the icing sugar and beet juice.
- Place the cake on a serving dish. Drizzle the icing over the cake, letting it run down the sides.
Beet juice is available in grocery stores, but since you only need a very small amount for the icing, here are a few ways to get the quantity you need for this recipe. Grate 1 peeled beet (raw or cooked). Over a bowl, using your hands, squeeze the grated beet to extract as much juice as possible. Alternatively, you can save the juice that accumulates in the bottom of a bag of vacuumed-sealed or canned store-bought cooked beets.