- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter, almond butter, oil, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until very creamy. Add the egg and whisk until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the trail mix and chocolate. Using a 3-tbsp (45 ml) ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls and arrange on the baking sheets, evenly spacing them out.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Let cool.
For homemade trail mix, simply combine 2 tbsp (30 ml) each roasted unsalted almonds, roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds, roasted salted cashews, raisins, dried cranberries and halved dried apricots.