- In a bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds, sugar, yeast and salt with a fork. Add the milk, water, applesauce and egg. Stir for 1 minute.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit in a warm, humid spot for 1 hour 30 minutes or until it has risen slightly.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Using a wooden spoon, hit the dough a few times to knock it back. Add 1 tbsp of gluten-free flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Using a 1/3-cup (75 ml) ice cream scoop, form 6 balls of dough. Place on the baking sheet, evenly spacing them out. Sprinkle with the seeds of your choice. Cover with a second baking sheet and let rise for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the top baking sheet and bake the buns for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool on a wire rack.