- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour with the ground chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar with the plant-based yogurt, plant-based drink, oil and applesauce. Add the cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, followed by the apple and carrot, mixing just until the flour is moistened. Divide among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before removing from the muffin tin and then let cool completely on a wire rack.