- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Let marinate at room temperature while you prepare the next steps.
- Place the sweetbreads in a small pot and cover with water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Run under cold water and drain well. With your hands, remove the membrane covering the sweetbreads. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting half of the burners to high and the other half to medium-high. Oil the grate.
- Cook the lamb chops, pork chop and steak on the hottest side of the grill and the sweetbreads, chorizo and blood sausage on the other side of the grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side for rare or until the desired doneness. Let sit for 5 minutes. Keep warm. On a work surface, slice the meat and arrange on a wooden board or serving tray.
- Serve with the criolla salsa or chimichurri.
To soak the sweetbreads, place them in a large bowl, cover with cold water and refrigerate for 4 hours, changing the water two or three times. Although this step is not imperative, it gives the sweetbreads a gentler flavour and tender texture.