- In a personal blender fitted with the blending blade, purée all of the ingredients until smooth. Generously season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Seafood and Orzo
- In a bowl, combine the seafood, 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the salmoriglio sauce, 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil, the lemon zest and juice, and salt. Let marinate while you prepare the orzo.
- In another bowl, combine the fennel with the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain. Return to the pot and, off the heat, lightly oil.
- Place a BBQ wok on the grill. Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- Cook the seafood in the wok for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden, stirring often. Add to the pot of orzo.
- Cook the fennel in the wok for 5 to 6 minutes, or until nicely grilled, stirring often. Add to the orzo. Add 3 tbsp (45 ml) of the salmoriglio sauce to the orzo mixture. Mix well and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the seafood orzo in plates. Drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with basil leaves, olives, fennel fronds and lemon wedges. Serve with the remaining salmoriglio sauce.