- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, lightly brown the garlic in the butter. Add the broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and sweet potato. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 8 minutes or until the potato is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the spices, brown sugar and salt. Generously season with pepper. Season both sides of the steaks with the spice mixture.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat or in a very hot grill pan, brown the steaks for 2 minutes on each side in the butter. Set the steaks aside on a plate.
- Add the peas and steaks to the skillet of sweet potato. Cook for another 2 minutes or until desired doneness, turning the steaks as needed. Add broth as needed.
- Rest the steaks for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the vegetables and sauce. Serve with sour cream, if desired.