- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the yogurt until well combined. Divide among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese and icing sugar with an electric mixer until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the yogurt and vanilla. Add a few drops of food colouring to colour the icing, if desired.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a plain or star tip, or with a small offset spatula, ice the cupcakes.
The cupcakes freeze well without icing.