- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat the potatoes in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on the baking sheet. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the tempeh and onion in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the lemon juice, the honey and garam masala. Cook for 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the herbs and shallot with the remaining oil and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the potatoes on plates, cut sides up. Garnish with the tempeh mixture. Drizzle with the tahini sauce and garnish with the herb mixture.
For a simpler variation, replace the tahini sauce with garlic mayonnaise or spiced sour cream. Use whatever you have on hand.