- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, soften the potatoes, zucchini, onion and garlic in the oil, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds while stirring. Add the water.
- Cover and simmer until the water has completely evaporated and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Coarsely mash two-thirds of the vegetables with a wooden spoon. Add the peas and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- On a work surface, cut the tortillas in half. Place ¼ cup (60 ml) of the vegetable filling at the centre of each tortilla half. Fold the two corners of each half tortilla around the filling to make a triangle that holds the filling in without fully closing up the end of the samosa. Clean out the skillet.
- In the same clean skillet over medium heat, brown half of the samosas at a time for 3 minutes on each side in a drizzle of oil. Keep warm. Repeat with the remaining samosas.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve the samosas with the sauce.
You can replace the sauce with tamarind chutney, but since it is more difficult to find, we opted for this alternative recipe, thinning out mango chutney with lime juice and water.