Noodles with Vegetables and Tofu, Singapore Style
- 20 MIN
- 10 MIN
- In a saucepan, bring a large quantity of salted water to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the noodles. Allow the noodles to stay submerged for 3 minutes and then rinse under cold water. Drain and toss with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of peanut oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the tofu, 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of soy sauce, 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oyster sauce, the curry powder and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the eggs in the butter like you would for an omelet, turn over and cook the other side. Season with salt and pepper. Cool. Roll and cut into 1-cm (1/2-inch) slices. Set aside.
- In a very hot wok or large skillet, stir-fry the vegetables in the remaining peanut oil and oyster sauce.
- Once they are very hot, add the tofu, omelet strips, noodles, broth and remaining soy sauce. Cook until noodles are hot.
If you live near an Asian grocery, you will find "instant egg noodles”, perfect for this noodles with vegetables and tofu recipe. As this is not my case, I buy Ramen noodles packets sold with bag of spices, but I only use the noodles.