- Oil an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
- In a bowl, combine the apple juice and raspberry purée. Add the gelatin and whisk to combine. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a pot, bring the maple syrup to a boil. Add the gelatin mixture and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Skim as needed. Add the chia seeds and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Let set at room temperature or until completely firm, about 10 hours.
- Run a thin blade between the jelly and the side of the pan. Unmould. On a work surface, cut the jelly into 36 cubes. The chews will keep for 1 week in an airtight container in a cool, dry spot.
Four chews is equivalent to 1 serving.
To yield ½ cup (125 ml) raspberry purée, you will need to blend 1 ⅓ cups (180 g) fresh raspberries in a small blender. Strain through a sieve to remove the seeds. Compost the seeds.
You can replace the raspberry purée here with another fruit purée of your choice (but avoid using fresh pineapple, papaya and kiwi, which will not set with the gelatin). This way, you can vary the flavours.